2 Terms and Conditions JAIN Challenge
These are the terms and conditions of JAIN Challenge. The JAIN Challenge is organized by a team composed of experts from JAIN, INTERDEM, Alzheimer Nederland.
By registering as a participant and subsequently submitting a product description for the JAIN Challenge, you agree to these general terms and conditions that are associated with the JAIN Challenge.
- The JAIN Challenge (JC) is a public competition for developed or prototyped technical products and services based on Artificial Intelligence that support the quality of life and self-reliance of people with memory problems or dementia and their informal carers and that will support professionals and informal carers in providing optimal care for their loved ones.
- The event is organized for people with memory problems or dementia, informal carers, healthcare professionals, and others interested in these topics.
- The JC is a competition in which an independent jury determines which will be the best technical prototype or fully-fledged product.
- Developers, companies, universities, healthcare institutions, healthcare professionals who want to participate in the JC can make themselves known and register with the secretary of the event at registration page.
- For “a product prototype or a full-fledged product that is already on the market”, the term “product” is used regularly in this document. The product stands for: 1) a product prototype or 2) a full-fledged product that is already on the market.
- These terms and conditions apply to all participants in the JAIN Challenge.
- Deviations from and/or additions to these general terms and conditions are only valid insofar as they have been approved in writing by JAIN.
- By registering as a participant and subsequently submitting a product description for the JAIN Challenge, you agree to these general terms and conditions and associated information (including briefings and privacy terms). If there are urgent reasons to amend these general terms and conditions, they will be announced in good time.
- JAIN Challenge offers participants the opportunity to submit their product description by email. Participants have a chance to win a prize. Participants cannot derive any rights from the submission.
- JAIN Challenge is brought to the attention through e-mails, promotion and by posting information on the website www.jainprojects.com and social media. By submitting a product description, the participant agrees with the guidelines, conditions and criteria. As soon as details from submitted product description are used, prior permission is requested from the specific participant who submitted this product description.
- JAIN Challenge reserves the right at all times to refuse participants, to change or cancel the JAIN Challenge and/or to deny a participant access to the JAIN Challenge.
- Entrants wishing to participate in the JAIN Challenge must submit their product description by email to email@example.com before the deadline. The product description must meet the requirements set out in these terms and conditions and in other applicable documents. Product descriptions received after the deadline will not be considered. Click here for the registration page.
- It is not possible to correspond with the JAIN Challenge jury about the result and / or the assessment.
- The organizers of JAIN Challenge can provide further information (briefings) about the forthcoming JAIN Challenge. By participating, the participant will take this information into account and comply with any additional conditions.
- JAIN Challenge and other organizations involved in the JAIN Challenge take due care (privacy and company sensitive information) when posting on the JAIN Challenge website and social media. Those involved are asked in advance for verification and consent.
- Participants agree that the JAIN Challenge organizers will publish on their own websites, which entrants will participate with which product. Only the title of the product and the company or institute name of entrants will be announced.
- Participants agree that the organizers of the JAIN Challenge will announce on their own websites, which participants have been selected for a subsequent round or prize.
- Participants agree the content of the winning product description will be communicated. This will take place on the basis of the submitted Product Description.
- Winners and nominees may be asked to participate selflessly in subsequent publicity campaigns of the JAIN Challenge. Winners and finalists authorize JAIN Challenge to use images and Product Description for publicity purposes free of charge after the competition has taken place.
It is allowed to submit multiple product descriptions per participant.
- The participant guarantees that he/she is the inventor of the product and that this product does not infringe any intellectual property rights of third parties and that the participant has any permission or license required to complete his solution to the extent required to submit.
- The participant must be the owner of the submitted product description. The intellectual and/or industrial property rights and/or other rights to the product description rest with the participant of that product description. Submission of a product description does not transfer these rights to JAIN Challenge.
- The Participants must guarantee the Intellectual Property on the product description itself. Participants who have failed to ensure this thoroughly are responsible and fully liable for this. The participant will indemnify JAIN Challenge in this respect.
- If the submitted product descriptions infringe industrial and/or intellectual property rights and/or other rights of third parties in any way, the participant of that product description is fully liable for this. The participant will indemnify the JAIN Challenge in this respect.
- The participant is aware that the organizers and jury members take note of the content of the product descriptions of the participant. By submitting the product description, the participant agrees with this.
This article contains a non-exhaustive list of information that participants may not include or state in or with their product descriptions. The participant guarantees that his/her product description does not contain the following information:
- Information that is discriminatory or may otherwise be called offensive
- Information that is contrary to morality
- Information in which personal data and company-sensitive information of others are made available
- Information that violates any law or regulation.
JAIN Challenge is never liable for consequential damage.
- By submitting a product description, the participant grants permission to the JAIN Challenge organization to process his or her personal data for mutual communication.
- The personal data of participants will be destroyed eight weeks after the winner has been selected.
- These terms and conditions of use are governed by Dutch law.
- Any disputes arising from this agreement can be settled with the help of a mediator, although it is not excluded that the court will ultimately pass judgment.